Our Wordpress Website Builder uses Boldgrid, a set of plugins that make drag-and-drop website building possible on the WordPress Content Management System. Websites built with BoldGrid and powered by WordPress have several benefits over other website builders such as Wix, Weebly and Squarespace: Wix, Weebly, Squarespace and many other website platforms are proprietary property of their respective companies. Websites built using these platforms are not compatible with any other website hosting, and therefore must always be hosted by the respective company. Regardless of future pricing, performance or preference, these websites cannot be moved to any other hosting provider. WordPress, on the other hand, is a free and open-source platform. Websites built using Wordpress can be freely moved between any hosting provider. Additionally, WordPress is constantly evolving with new editions and features. Websites built using WordPress can take advantage of all current features and future improvements for free, forever. Wix, Weebly and Squarespace are commercial, closed and proprietary platforms. WordPress is free, extensible, and future-proof – forever.
Choose a stunning, professional WordPress theme created for your industry
With 200+ professionally designed, mobile-responsive WordPress themes that are pre-populated with industry-relevant content, you can hit the ground running and ramp up fast. Count on your WordPress website looking great on any device or browser. Plus, all themes are also highly customizable and optimized to run on our powerful WordPress Hosting.
Build, launch and grow your WordPress website - no coding or design skills required
Designing your website is only the first part of your journey - as you grow, you’ll be refining, adding and optimizing your content. Infinitely customizable, BoldGrid for WordPress has tools to support you at every stage, keep your website secure, and help you rank in search engines so you can be found by people who need your services.
Customize - coding entirely optional
- Choose curated colour palettes or create one to match your brand
- Drag and drop preformatted page sections consisting of text or images to create perfect page layouts
- Resize page sections and test out different backgrounds
- Make your images jump off the page with professional filters
- Easily embed effective forms with built-in logic and submission management
- Use BoldGrid’s full control WYSIWYG editor for all your updates, or custom tweak to your heart’s desire - BoldGrid offers source code access to all its themes
Optimize for search engines
- Start out with a competitive edge - search engines love WordPress
- Get on-page help optimizing your content so that it ranks in search engines
- Target keywords or phrases and track their performance in an SEO dashboard
- Easily update important search ranking factors like page titles, meta descriptions, header tags, image tags and keyword density
- Analyze your site’s performance and receive SEO recommendations in real time
Test and stage
- Test new themes, plugins and updates with confidence in a safe and secure staging environment
- Do away with separate, staging specific subdomains or hosting environments
- Publish changes with a single click to your live website when you’re ready
Worry free backup
- Schedule convenient, automated backups on a recurring schedule, or run a manual backup anytime with just a click
- Store up to 10 backup archives
- Import your BoldGrid backup into new WordPress installation
- Seamlessly integrate WooCommerce - the free, expandable ecommerce platform trusted by more than two million online stores - into your BoldGrid website
- Use BoldGrid’s drag and drop features to easily build and optimize your WooCommerce store
- Implement secure checkout and shipping in multiple currencies, automated inventory management, discount offers, product reviews and more
BoldGrid Helps WP Professionals Build,
Scale and Deploy Faster
Dramatically reduce time spent on tedious or routine tasks and spend it being creative. BoldGrid streamlines the process of building a high-quality WordPress website, saving designers, developers and agencies time and money.
Customize existing themes, leverage pre-built content layouts and colour schemes, experience better image handling, and edit source code with ease.
We recommend our WordPress Advantage or Pro hosting plans for professional users. Both include the Plesk WordPress toolkit, in addition to one free premium BoldGrid license. Add additional BoldGrid licenses for CAD $5.00.
Additional page building features and add-ons
Leverage the power, flexibility and security of WordPress, without the learning curve
BoldGrid Makes WordPress Simple for Non-Technical Users
WordPress is a powerful and big platform full of possibilities, which can make it complex for beginners.
BoldGrid makes WordPress intuitive and eliminates the learning curve for non-technical users. Drag and drop your content, test our themes and colour palettes, make changes with a powerful WYSIWYG editor and watch your website take shape!
Retain 100% Ownership of your Website
A huge drawback of some all-in-one website builders is that you are captive to their platform - unable to export your website and content to a new hosting provider.
When you invest the time to build a website, you should have the option to export your content or change providers. With a WordPress website, you retain 100% ownership and control.
Access Thousands of Plugins for Limitless Customization
WordPress corners the market in extensibility and scalability, allowing you to grow, customize and optimize your website.
WordPress’ open source platform gives you access to thousands of themes and plugins that cover everything from security to social to SEO. No other CMS can provide you as many benefits as WordPress - full stop.
Frequently Asked Questions
WordPress Website builder allows you to build a full functional multi-page website on the popular WordPress content management system using a WYSIWYG (what you see if what you get) editor which is hosted on a
The BoldGrid included with Webnames WordPress hosting plans is the premium version and includes a BoldGrid Premium Connect Key. This means all BoldGrid features will be enabled without limitation. Webnames customers can receive customer support directly from our in-house team, in addition to the team that created BoldGrid.
The free, non-hosted version BoldGrid does not include certain premium features or customer support. Websites built using the free version will also contain BoldGrid branding and links back to the BoldGrid website.
WordPress optimized hosting is a specialized type of hosting that has additional features and configurations in place to boost the performance, features, and security of WordPress websites.
No. Webnames' WordPress Website Builder may be used with a domain name registered at another domain registrar. If you transfer your domain to Webnames, however, it will renew free of charge for the duration of your plan provided your term is 6-months or longer.
† Price based on a new purchase of 1-year term.
1 Discount applicable only on first 12 months of purchase term. New purchases for all terms other than 1, 2, and 3 years will be at full price, as will renewals. When purchasing hosting for an existing domain name, the discounted term may be shorter to match the anniversary of the domain renewal date.